Monday, November 22, 2010

When grown men pout...

As I was coming home from meetings last night, of that organization of college women I advise as a volunteer, I was so mad I could have spit! They screwed up, and though it is not the first time and it won't be the last it just makes me so mad because they are better than this! Argh.

Anywho, that is the context of this real conversation that happened last night at Casa Accelerated:


Me: What do you want to do for dinner? I am way too worked up to cook, plus I thought I was going to be home hours ago...

Husband: Well, I would really like something healthy, like sushi. I was going to go and get it for myself, right when you came home, so I could finish it before you got back

Me: (Blank stare) (yes it was just like the boldness intends it to be)

Husband: But, I guess that probably isn't a good idea, since you can't have it, right? (side note: I LOVE sushi with my whole heart and soul)

Me: Yeah, probably not. Look, I don't care what we eat, we could eat Taco Bell for all I care, I just need to stop being so mad at these girls.

Husband: Welllllll, what if we run and grab YOU Taco Bell, and then we can grab ME sushi? Would that be ok?

Me (calmly): I just got home from meetings that made me so mad, I want to punch someone in the face. If you would like that person to be you, yes, please continue with your plan to eat sushi in front of me. (TY preggy hormones for this burning rage)

Husband (in a small voice): ok, ok. No sushi. Man, I really wanted sushi tonight. (Proceeds to stick his lip out and pout. No, seriously.)

We ended up at Subway.

Scene.


8 weeks, 4 days along

...and let's not even talk about my husband only started drinking coffee when I got pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Maybe you should write a book for all the husbands of the world...what not to do when your wife is expecting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Can't you eat vegetarian/vegan sushi at least? I'm only a casual sushi fan so I haven't explored the option.

    ReplyDelete