Friday, February 11, 2011

20 weeks


Snapped quickly on our way to the ultrasound...hence why I look all nervous, 
but everything was fine yo! I am just a worrier. It's what I do.


Nausea
Nada. Have succeeded in grazing. Huzzah!


Skin 
Doing ok,I need some humidity in my life, like now. Everything is so dry. Blech.

Weight/Clothes
Doing ok actually. I started a nutritional tracking excel spreadsheet this week (I love excel and setting up formulas...I am a dork) and I feel like I have been eating so much healthier! I feel great. I have been striving to get as much water as I should. This one is so hard for me! But, today I have already drank 1.5 liters of water and am about to drink more. Huzzah for me and my own personal Mt. Everest.


P.S. That shirt is a J.Crew Medium (I know, right?) that was way too big for me when it came after I bought it on final sale online. LOVE IT NOW THOUGH!


I didn't get weighed at the ultrasound yesterday, but I think I am doing ok. The ultrasound tech looked at me when I mentioned something and said, "You let us worry about your weight - you just worry about growing and loving that baby." Have I mentioned how much I love this practice?

Cravings/Aversions 
Nothing really, though I am actually starting to crave water now that I have been drinking it...weird. Also, I have been cooking summer foods lately, a la strawberry/blackberry shortcake. BRING ON THE HEAT!

Cramps/Pain
lower abdomen pain a lot lately. But, as the nurse happily pointed out yesterday after chatting about ultrasound, that is probably because Baby has decided that his or her head belongs there. Oy.


(Also, as a side note...where are the gender neutral singular pronouns greater society? We talked about it years ago in grad school as an LGBTQA issue...and I would really love to be able to use some right about now.)


Sleeping
Oy. Sometimes sleeping great, sometimes not. The way of a pregnant lady.



Mental State
Doing well actually. I checked many things off my list this week. Got all signed up and ready for birth classes and made a huge list of to-do's with A. We will start getting stuff done ASAP. 


Also, I bought my herb seeds already for my herb garden this year. Yay! I am getting them started early inside this year so I can have basil sooner. MUST HAVE BASIL.


Heartburn
Got approved for Zantac! Yayyyyy Zantac. I love you. That is all.

Nasal Issues
Over being stuffy. Though I like being able to breathe, so it's not as bad as it could be.

The Girls
Oy. Growing every day it seems.

Fetal Movement
Yay for baby movements! I love it and smile every time I feel it.

Weird Stuff
Non-pregnant friend comments. Most are super supportive. Some just strike me as odd. 

The other day a coworker looked at me and said, "Courtney, you are just growing every day it seems!" 

And I was like, well yes. 

That's sort of the point.



20 weeks, 1 day along....

and I am going to see if I can get some ultrasound video clips up in hurr.

2 comments:

  1. I love to see the pictures, I cant wait to see you in may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look totally adorbs in this photo. Tell me about those jeans! I have mostly all hand me down maternity jeans and I don't think any of them are skinny, I love those.

    ReplyDelete