Thursday, February 2, 2012

Simple pleasures

The last few days have brought me some simple pleasures that have been lifting my heart.

I have had so many sweet messages of support and sympathy. Each little message helps, so thanks <3

Tuesday afternoon, I got a bright happy moment in the form of a photograph. My friend Jessica took some six month photos of Evelyn - who was not a happy child for some reason. We tried everything we could to get her to smile instead of being so serious, but nothing was working. Toward the end of the day we were being ridiculous and we finally managed to get her to crack a few smiles. She sent me this preview.


Were we cheesing in the photo? Yup. We were laughing so hard at ourselves. A reminder of that laughter and moment went a long way on Tuesday. So, thanks Jess for the previews! It was perfect timing. Check out more of Jessica's photos here.

Evelyn was an angel child yesterday. I don't know what it was, but all day we had barely a whimper. She was so cuddly and smiley. Nothing quite helps heal your heart like a snuggly baby.

It also helped that yesterday it was 75* here in good old Hampton Roads, and as I was driving around with the sunroof open, good music on the radio and a baby cooing and gurgling and babbling and giggling to herself in the backseat, I thought to myself - "This is one of those days, one of those moments, when all seems right with the world."

I think I know who to thank for the sunshine.


Evelyn Rae is six months old

...and thank goodness for baby smiles and giggles and open mouth gummy kisses on your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment