Monday, October 22, 2012

24 Weeks






Skin
Glow is on. When I am not so tired and haggard looking from my baby and her molar issues. BOOO MOLARS.

Weight/Clothes
Why is it that I always seem to have some sort of formal event while preggo? This time around was a little later in the pregnancy (ru roh, I thought to myself), but it was the husband's fraternity reunion formal, so I knew we would have fun...and that I would probably be the only preggo there. Hrm. 

So, I decided to pull this non-maternity formal dress I bought last year out and try it - lo and behold, it worked! No photos with Ev on my hip this week though because we took this after we got home from the event, and after we swung by a swanky local place we love for coffee and dessert. Needless to say it was late, and Ev was staying over with Nana for the night.

I am feeling pretty good overall, though I have no.idea how much weight I have gained. Appointment this week though, so we shall see!

Cravings/Aversions
Not hungry. Yet, eating, and growing. WHOMPS.

Cramps/Pain
Luckily feeling pretty ok during the day, but I have begun requesting back rubs at night from the husband. I think the moving and picking up and grabbing a 20 pound toddler all day is pulling a number on my muscles. Going from non-stop to being still at the end of the night is also wrecking havoc on me.

Sleeping
DREAMS YO. Just like last time around this time, weird. They are so vivid and most of them are awful and scary. Have I mentioned before how much I hate Zombies? I legit had to read so late the other night because husband was just TALKING about the episode of The Walking Dead that he had just watched. CREEPY.

Heartburn
HOLY GOD I AM BURNING FROM THE INSIDE. This is officially worse than last time. If the wives' tales are true, this kid is coming out with more hair than me.

Fetal Movement
Yay for big movements and kicks. Hubs finally felt and saw definitive movements in the last two weeks. 

The Girls
Feeling ok, itchy. Weird.

New this time around
I really, really miss a glass of wine. I know, I know. That's probably not new. Did I miss it this much last time?

Also, I have to admit, I gambled the other day and ate a Jimmy John's sandwich. It was delicious and the only thing that sounded good. For two days afterward I officially freaked the hell out any time that baby was not moving (aka napping) aaaaaaand, I don't know if I will do that again. 

But, it was seriously so good. MMMM.

Oh yeah, this again.
The hubs hates giving me back rubs. BUT, he is much better about it this go round. In fact he is in general much more supportive of everything going on this time 'round because he isn't as weirded out by the girl he has known since we were 16 suddenly looking like a blimp and you know, growing a human and stuff.

Mental State
Hello mood swings. I have such a short fuse these days. Annnnd, that stinks. Because I know I am crazy. Buuuut, that doesn't stop me from being crazy. So. That's cool. And totally sane. Right?






Evelyn Rae is fifteen months old, I am 24 weeks along with Baby BUMPING ALL THE TIME

...and at least we finally got our Halloween decorations out.

1 comment:

  1. My heartburn was so much worse with Blake than with Blair. Maybe you have a little boy in there!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete