Monday, October 1, 2012

Hullo, fall.

We had a lovely, if exhausting (thanks to some shiny new teeth!), weekend ushering in fall. We headed up to my sister-in-law's house to celebrate her and her husband on their very first wedding anniversary.

It's hard to believe that a year ago I was worrying about a not even three month old spending her first night with a baby sitter since we were all at the wedding, and now I am more than three months pregnant with Baby Ferris! Whaa!? Crazytown, USA.

In any case we had a lovely weekend with Aunt Haley, Uncle Justin, and Aunt Ashley reveling in all things fall and Oktoberfest - Beer, well you know, not me, but everyone else, Pretzels, Cheese and Brats.

We capped the weekend off with a trip to an all-you-can-carry Pumpkin Patch. Daddy did a great three step walk with all my our chosen pumpkins and we managed to score 13 pumpkins and gourds for $23!

Today, I put our pumpkins out on the porch - begrudgingly - as they are adorable, but I am so, so sad to say goodbye to summer. It's not that I don't like fall. I just looooove summer.

This girl though, she seems to really enjoy the pumpkins.






Momma, I'm gonna go ahead and stand up to walk down the stairs...



Oh, alright, you seem to not like that idea. I will sit.



On second thought... 



I'm outta here.


Evelyn Rae is fourteen months old, I am 21 weeks along with Baby Ferris

...and maybe fall won't be so bad. After all, I did manage to grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte today.

2 comments:

  1. I was just curious where that pumpkin patch was. We live in VB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was in Richmond, or just outside of the city. We were visiting family up there, but if you are interested in taking the day trip it was the Ashland Berry Farm!

      Delete