Thursday, November 8, 2012

Throwback Thursdays

Remember how we went and did a whole bunch of stuff this summer, but I never blogged about it because I was all nauseous and pregnant and running around after a newly walking baby and all that jazz?

Welp, I am blogging about it now. On Thursdays. I am going to call them "Throwback Thursdays."

So, here's the first one:

The 4th of July 
(yup, I know, never blogged about it.)

I love the Fourth of July. Like, love, love it. It is my all time favorite holiday and has been for so many years. I was thrilled this year to be able to bring my baby girl to my family's cabin to experience her first  Fourth of July the same way that I did for so many years.

We spent the day outside enjoying the sun, and the shade. 





Grandma bought this great little sunshade tent where Evelyn and Daddy hung out, spotted toads and played with the floaty turtle.







We spent time on the dock and in the lake, swimming and splashing and waving at boats.










One of my favorite things about the Fourth has always been boating, and we got to take Evelyn on her very first boat ride.









She wasn't sure how she felt about the lifejacket, but eventually...





she got comfy.


Later that night we set out to see the best fireworks display ever in existence. There is this little town called Greenwood near the cabin and they put on the BEST fireworks show every year, right after their annual baseball championship.




This was the very first smocked outfit I ever bought for Evelyn, so excited that she could wear such a precious thing for the 4th!

Doesn't she look sweet?


Naturally, she promptly had a massive blowout in it before the display started, necessitating an outfit change into this random back up purple onesie we had in the diaper bag. (There is no laundry at the cabin, so no cloth diapers either. Disposable diapers + too much watermelon = disaster.)

The best laid plans, right?


But, we recovered in time to enjoy the show and let our sleepy baby fall asleep on the ride home.


Evelyn Rae is fifteen months old, I am 26 weeks along with her little baby brother or sister

...and I can't wait to have two little ones at the cabin next July. Four month olds like fireworks, right? ;)


1 comment:

  1. Abbi did fine w/ fireworks at 3 months. We put a little cotton in her ears and she was mesmerized...then she fell asleep and slept right through!!

    ReplyDelete