Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Card Olympics

Who doesn't love holiday cards? I have been OBSESSED with them ever since I was a kid and I could read those fantastic letters about people I knew really well, or even better, barely knew. Bonus points if the mom or dad writing the letter were super clever and funny.

A and I have done Christmas cards for a few years now...



{2010}



{2011}

But, we have never had a year here we haven't paid rush shipping to get them in the mail on time.

And I use the term 'on time' loosely.

I am TOTALLY stealing this idea from my friend Megan, but as I love holiday cards and am sad when they roll in slowly, I am going to award my first few received cards with some medals...especially since they all have blogs I can direct you to!



GOLD

Gold goes to my friend Jessica, who blogs over at Grits and Gravy. Girl is like the most organized person on the face of the planet and so well put together, so I don't think anyone on her list was shocked when we got her card first! (I am assuming no one beat her to anyone's door, of course). She has had some seriously fun adventures this year.

SILVER

Silver goes to my Sister and Brother in Law. Extra points since it was their very first year doing one! I think they finally broke down since they could show off their cute new puppy, Miss Vera. We haven't convinced Haley to start blogging yet, but Justin blogs about beer over at Manroom Brews.  

BRONZE

Bronze goes to another friend Jessica, who also coincidentally just took our photos for our cards! She blogs over at VanNesting. Her card, of course, features some adorable shots of little Miss Eliza who is one of Evelyn's bffs. 

Way to go friends! You are both timely and adorable in all of your designs. 


Well, I guess I should go order ours.

In the meantime, here are a few of the adorable photos that Jess took for us that sadly won't fit on the Christmas card this year.














Check that face on the left! Ha!





I am so in love with this one. 
It will be finding a place to live in our home.


Evelyn Rae is 17 months old TODAY, I am 31 weeks along with Baby Bump

...and we have some serious Christmas shopping/ordering to do this week.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to be taking the GOLD home!!! Love, love, these new family photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you guys are cute! Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete