Thursday, January 31, 2013

38 weeks




Skin
Tight! especially this week. My body has been showing signs that I am pushing it way too hard and all of a sudden this week? Boom. Swelling. So. Skin is tight. Moisturizing like a crazy person.

Weight/Clothes
...annnnnnnnd thanks to the water retention mentioned above I have buoyed up an impressive 10 POUNDS since LAST WEEK. WTH. I had the assistant at the office weigh me AGAIN just to be sure at my appointment today. I mean, you have GOT TO BE KIDDING. Then they talked me off my ledge and reassured me that if I was retaining water this was entirely possible, my blood pressure still looks rocking, etc. So I should just relax and prop up my feet and take it easy. Easier said than done, my friends, but I will make a valiant effort.

Cravings/Aversions
In addition to already retaining water, the only things that sound good to me are salty, salty salty. Ugh. Food, I am over you. How did I ever love you so much? P.S. please let me love you again when this baby decides to make their appearance.

Cramps/Pain
Sciatic pain has marvelously gone away this week, though baby is still riding super low in my pelvis. Good news!

Sleeping
Trying to take it easy, generally sucking at that. Trying to sleep well and take care of self, you know...doing ok.

Heartburn
ugh.

Fetal Movement
Rolly Polly at night when Momma is trying to sleep. Of course. Generally slowing down in movement, which I try not to freak out about and then end up dwelling on and freaking out anyways even though I know this is totally normal. Oh, hormones.

The Girls
More of the same. Feeling normal. I am wondering if I will get engorged boobies when my milk comes in this go round. Some Mommas claim that after number one that doesn't happen. I wonder.

New this time around
A sudden ballooning of 10 pounds at the end of pregnancy? Wowza. Last time my weight didn't really change for like the last month or so. Geeze Louise. Drink water, put feet up, rest, preheat.

Oh yeah, this again.
Cankles. Huzzah. ::eye roll::

Mental State
Earlier this week I posted about "mental blocks" and just writing that post made me feel better and get my act in gear for preparation. But then, THEN, my friend had her BABY! Yaaaaay! And another friend told me she was pregnant! SQUUUEEEE!

And I realized again that there is nothing more thrilling and exciting (other than birthing your own baby) than your friends having babies.





Evelyn Rae is 18 months old, I am 38 weeks along with Bump

...and doesn't she look thrilled to be in this photo? Ohhhhh, toddlerhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment