Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Land of the Living

I think I'm back.

I don't want to make too much of a declaration, because I still feel a bit achy and exhausted - but let's be honest, what 39 week pregnant woman, a mere 4 DAYS from her due date, doesn't occasionally feel this way? Especially after lazing about in bed for the last few days?

If you couldn't tell from the typos (holy hell) in the last post about BEING sick, I was a little woozy and out of it.

What a weird sickness that was. I am lucky enough to not be sick like that very often - hubs couldn't even remember the last time I was "THIS sick" - but this one was weird. I just felt exhausted and couldn't keep anything down, but no fever, no runny nose, no other symptoms.

For brief periods I would think, Hey! You know what? I feel awesome, let's get out of bed. Then 10 minutes later I was asleep. If you would shave asked me two weeks ago, getting a two day break from "Mommy-ing" to laze about in bed and drowse away as I wanted, I would have told you that sounded heavenly. But, when I wasn't sleeping...I was bored out of my mind.

We recently pulled the trigger with our big bedroom move of having no TV in our bedroom anymore. Additionally for some reason our internet signal is super weak in our new room. Both of these things, coupled with me being quarantined so as to not get Ev or A sick also resulted in moments of extreme boredom...and then more sleep. Luckily, yesterday my hubby jimmy rigged a TV for me, but how much HGTV can you really watch?

It was additionally a bit difficult because I know that there is going to be at least two weeks of "taking it easy" in my future once this baby makes his or her appearance! Of course, that will be healthy joyous snuggly time, but still. I am not one for quite this much, erm, relaxation.

In any case, I am glad to be feeling well enough to be up and about today - still taking it easy, but hoping to be eating semi normal foods by dinner time. Huzzah!

Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes, friends.

We're getting there!


Evelyn Rae is 18 months old, I am 39 weeks along with Bump

...and holy heck y'all. It's almost baby time!

1 comment:

  1. What a yucky thing to experience! Glad no one else has caught it so far! Best of luck when the labor/baby comes! I'm excited to read about it!

    ReplyDelete