Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tiny Dancer

At the beginning of February, we finally enrolled Evelyn in some ballet classes here in Japan.

And as I went to share some photos of that day, I looked back for her ballet photos from Norfolk on ye olde blog.

…there were none.

What the heck? How had I neglected to share ANY photos of a year's worth of the most adorable ballet…ever?

Not even the first day?


Look how wee she was! Ack!

I mean, I made a chalkboard sign, for chrissake.


"Let's get this show on the road, Momma." 


And this?


My heart, y'all.

How did I not share this?!


I like to call this one, "Welp, here we go!"

I didn't even share the photos from that one adorable time where Daddy managed to not have to work and was her dance partner.








…I may have shed a tear or two that day.



I mean, she was still in diapers. She was so bitty. Her hair was all over the place, it felt like she had just learned to walk, let alone dance, her leotard barely stayed up on her shoulders and her tights - even in the smallest size that ballet store sold - were entirely too long for those two year old legs.

And now?

Now, that girl amazed me.


I had always intended on getting her involved in ballet again once we arrived here. 

But with deployment and unpacking and trying to get settled…it just never happened. And I would feel  pangs of guilt every time that she would ask me to watch her dance, or to help her practice her positions.

I knew she missed it. 

And though I knew the setting here was much more relaxed, and that the class was only half an hour - and that I couldn't comprehend dragging a toddler (and soon a baby) to sit still for a half hour class to watch (at 3 you no longer participate in the class as a parent, but it's not exactly a drop off and go situation either) - I knew we needed to do this for my girl. 

She missed it so.

So, we went to sign up.

And we got her dressed and squeezed her into last year's shoes, and went to class.


And she watched.



And she listened.



And she danced.



And she was filled to the brim with joy.

And so was I.


Evelyn Rae is 3.5, Liam is 2, I am 37 weeks and 1 day along with G3

…and this is what Liam does during class.


No shame in this game.

1 comment:

  1. nice
    Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen Download Gesture Lock Screen to use the unique lock screen

    ReplyDelete